Not sure what to wear for your engagement session? Don’t worry, you aren’t alone! This may seem like a daunting task but trust me these tips will help you figure out what you should wear.
1. Wear something that makes you feel good! If you don’t like dressing up then don’t do it. Chances are you will feel uncomfortable and that will come across in your photos. If you are a jeans and t-shirt couple, then wear exactly that! Remember this time is all about you and your partner’s love for each other. I know you want the photos to be perfect and trust me they will be if you feel comfortable in what you are wearing.
2. Not sure about a color? Stick to neutrals, they are timeless. You want to be able to look back at these photos in ten years and love them! If you wear bright colors or a funky pattern, it can be a little distracting and you want all the attention to be on you and your partner’s love for each other. I will say I’m a sucker for neutrals, it’s pretty much all I wear.
3. Accessorize, even if you aren’t someone who loves to wear accessories, it really can bring the whole outfit together. Adding a ring, necklace, or watches for the guys, really adds to the whole look of your photos. If you really hate jewelry remember it’s just for your session and can easily be taken off. Jewelry and layers just add an extra oomph into your photos.
4. Complement your outfit to your partners, don’t match. For whatever reason people think matching is the way to go but really that’s not the case. Find complementary colors and subtle prints, it’s definitely okay to add a little texture, like a ruffle detail, etc, but stray away from the matching outfits and bold patterns.
5. Think about the season! If it’s fall when you are taking photos, you probably shouldn’t wear a sundress. It’s important to match the season and location when thinking about what to wear.
I hope these tips are helpful in finding that perfect engagement session outfit!